All application forms related to visa business should be submitted 10 days before the expiration of the length of stay. Anyone who violates this will be punished by a fine. All international students are strongly recommended to visit Immigration Office within the period and process the visa business.
- All international students who do not have a certificate of alien registration should obtain the certificate within 90 days after admission.
● Necessary documents
- application documents: download an application form from (www.immigration.go.kr)
- a color photo (of white background), a proof of enrollment, a passport, a fee of 30,000 won
- how to apply: visit the Changwon Immigration Office in person
※ In case a certificate of alien registration is lost: Prepare an application form, a proof of enrollment, and a fee of 30,000 won and visit the Changwon Immigration Office in person.
Student visa extension
- A visa extension is available 60 days before the expiration of visa. Anyone who desires to extend their visa should visit Immigration Office and apply for the extension at least 10 days before the expiration of visa. Anyone who stays over the length of stay stated in visa will be deemed as an illegal alien and be forced to be deported or will be punished by a fine. All international students should be aware of the expiration date of their visa and apply for an extension within the period. When a certificate of alien registration is issued, the expiration date of visa is specified as the length of stay under the photo on the front of the certificate. After that, the length of stay is marked on the back of the certificate for each time of an extension.
- how to apply: visit the Changwon Immigration Office or online
Duty to report changes
• address change: visit the Changwon Immigration Office or notify civil affairs center of the new address within 14 days
• passport number change: visit the Changwon Immigration Office or apply online within 14 days
● Necessary documents
•a copy of written contract for the residence and a certificate of entering a room
•a certificate of alien registration and a passport
5. Permission of activities not covered by status of stay (e.g. getting a part-time job)
- An international student should report to Immigration Office when the student desires to get a part-time job.
An undergraduate can work 20 hours on weekdays, and without limitation on weekends or vacations.
restriction on employment: companies under protection for industrial secret, speculative businesses, waiter/waitress for adult entertainment industry, and fields requiring specific qualifications.
● Necessary documents: a passport, a certificate of alien registration, an application form for a part-time job, a copy of a business license
•note: anyone who violates these conditions for employment may be revoked of status of study and deported.